Wednesday, August 11, 2010

75th Birthday



I have a friend, Joey who sometimes calls and asks me to make a big card for special birthdays. The first one I made in June 2010 was the black one with the champagne bottles...an A4 folded in half.

The bottles are embossed silver and the silver squiggles are Peel-Offs. The numbers were cut with the Fiskars stencil & blade. The birthday wording is a Cuttlebug folder.



Then today I quickly made this square card with the Fleur-de-lis stamps.
Now its somewhat different from the big one, but I hope Joey likes it! I've had this big stamp lying around for ages and never used it, so finally put it onto EZ Mount and then had to trim off the edges because they were being silly. So in stamping a row, they are sadly not 100% straight. Hopefully the 'oldies' don't notice ;-)

I decided to 3D the images using my 'new' method - a piece of black polystyrene tray with double-sided tape either side. Then I added tiny clear gemstones to compliment the silver from the numbers.

The numbers were cut on a Slice machine - a friend, Igna lent me hers so I can learn it and then teach her! Nice arrangement :-)) I just cut each number twice on the 4" setting, then carefully shadowed the black one underneath the silver before finally sticking to the card.

Look carefully especially in the bottom corners - I used the Cuttlebug folder that has a straight line and a fleur-de-lis on each end...they're embossed all the way around.

As a last touch which sadly gets lost on the photo, I used VersaMark to stamp a tiny fleur-de-lis randomly as a background.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dale, these are stunning !! Seems a holiday really does wonders for you as you come up with the most amazing ideas. Charlie