Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ATC Cards



At our recent Cardi-ologist FunDay we had to make 2 ATC's as our challenge, along the theme of Seasons. I chose Summer and Winter.
As I have no use for an ATC, I decided to make them into square cards seeing as they seem to be the "in thing" at the moment.
The blue card's corners on the ATC were from an EK Success Snowflake stamp that punches out these interesting corners when you use the clip-on goodie for the corners. You have to remove the clip-on to get the corner, as it tends to store it inside!
The silver and see-thru snowflakes are metallic confetti. The blue strip array of snowflakes was from a Cuttlebug folder.



This Summer card was easier...I'm having fun making up these interesting flower combos. I enjoyed making the squiggly border with the Fab Scraps Punch (featured below) and the little suns were a small punch I think I bought from Margo a few years ago. The rest is pretty simple.
We just had the weirdest colours to work with: Orange, Lime Green, Shocking Pink, Grey, Navy Blue, Very Bright Yellow, Olive Green, Chocolate Brown and Cerise...NO black or white! I asked Verna (who hosted it) where she got the colours idea from & she said she just picked them randomly. It was quite a challenge and really made us climb out of our boxes!!

No comments: