When Susan issued this challenge in September, she asked us to please do it ASAP and not leave it to the night before as some of us (me included!) have done previously. We were asked to dig deep and fish out our oldest stamp - one of the first that we'd bought about 10 years ago. Then we were to tizzy it up with lots of bling, ribbons, flowers, etc. that we use on our cards now. ALSO, we had to use the Colourwheel and Triad colours - i.e. the colours that form a triangle.
This was my entry:
The spotty background is scrapbook paper, the red scallop and the blue "flower" behind the circle are Nestabilities. I stamped the basket with the Walnut Ink Distress ink and used an earbud to stretch the colour, dipping it into the stamp pad and water to help the process. I enhanced the basket a bit by adding some Vintage Photo Distress colour as well. After the flowers and unusual blue leaves were stuck in place, I dry-brushed some stickles across the flowers to make them 'blingy'.
I'm chuffed to say that although I came second, I won the prize :-) Susan sponsored the prize and her card actually came first and she didn't want her own prize...
This is one of the first cards I made with the basket stamp. Back in those days it was the 'in thing' to use multicoloured stamp pads...this one is called Primrose & was made by ColorBox. It has the colours listed at the back: Turquoise, Peony, Lavender, Violet, Lilac and Pink, which made it easy to buy the refill inks, which I still have! The little flowers were painstakingly cut out one by one and 3D'd onto the basket - quite an advanced technique back then!! LOL Metallic Confetti (butterflies) were all the rage then, too and I even 3D'd the big one!
Then at one of the Casual clubs, the girls asked if I would consider making the card a workshop card, so I decided to try something similar, but as an A6 card. It has potential and I must just decide on new colours according to the packets of flowers I have for use in the class.