I bought a few lovely punches recently and this is one that appealed to me. It looked appropriate to also be used on men's cards, but also proved to be quite a challenge! I had visualised using glittery paper behind the punched squares, but what to do with the rest of the card?! I used a new Couture Creations Entangles folder to create the squiggly bits on the red cardstock and was glad to again use the downwards Happy Birthday stamp that's been neglected for so long. All in all I was happy with this result.
These interesting corners are Nellie Snellen Dies and it's quite fascinating that it doesn't cut out a shape that must then be stuck onto a card...you have to tuck another colour cardstock underneath it to enhance the design. I realised that on a small A6 size card like this one, you can only cut the opposite corners, whereas on a bigger square card, 4 could look just fine.
I love the elegant non-fussy design of this card...must make some more!
We attended a family engagement yesterday and I had to make a card for the happy couple. This photo stamp is so effective for a card for a couple, so I decided to stamp it with the Tea Dye Distress Ink. The gorgeous trellis work was done with a fancy thing I bought quite by chance, not knowing what it was! It's a Letterpress Stencil made by Sizzix...it's a longish plate made of solid plastic with this raised, hard pattern on it. The idea is that you ink it up and place it onto the Cuttlebug (or similar) with the cardstock either under or over it. You use just the A and one B Plate. Then as you wind it through, the image is debossed onto the cardstock along with the colour. I thought of it as a different kind of stamp...don't know if I'd buy another product like this, but maybe I need to see what else one can do with it and others. You definitely can't cut it out to stick it on - it needs to become part of the background, but your cardstock needs to be able to fit the width of the Cuttlebug!
Peel-offs and flat pearls made the card quite stylish, methinks!
I stamped the same image with a black inkpad and because the ink created a silly line across the girl's neck, I had to devise a way to hide it. (Okay I know that wouldn't have happened had I used a Brayer!) I found some interesting vellum in my stash that has a sort of wispy, cloudy effect on it...it makes the picture softer and creates a lovely effect. I used a piece of embossed white cardstock on the left and a piece of mottled silvery black in the top right corner. As always, the flat pearls fill the gap and create an overall pleasing card.
Blogging on my website fulltime
8 months ago